Leaving Arizona and its many cactuses, we started our trip to California's palm trees and sandy beaches. Once again, we chose staying in an airbnb apartment rather than in a hotel. We got one in Downtown Los Angeles, from where we had day trips to different places.
Btw... you get 18€ off your next airbnb trip if you sign up using my link above!
What to see and do in California:
- Walk on Hollywood's Walk of Fame This is a classic that I believe everyone has to do just to say you have walked on the stars - literally. Hollywood Boulevard itself is quite a lively place, very crowded but nice to see if you like being a typical tourist.
- Go to a Concert There is almost always something going on in LA so look up the programme and go see someone perform - you won't regret it! We decided to go to the Justin Bieber Concert spontaneously and it was so much fun to join all the Beliebers freaking out during his performance. We didn't get the best seats since it was last-minute, but we did catch the good mood so everything was fine!
- Plan at least one day for DISNEY The Disneyland Resort in Anaheim is something that has to be on everyone's list when visiting California - no matter if young or old. Although the ticket for one day is 119$ per person, it is totally worth it! You just feel like entering a magical world, where time stands still, no one is stressed out even if you have to wait in line for hours if you want to go on a ride. The mood is just so completely different to any other place, which is great if you want to forget everything and just be a child again! Oh and yes, I did wear two outfits that day - I didn't want to get cold at night in my short jumpsuit (just in case you were wondering!).
- Try out surfing at Huntington Beach Even though we caught a really bad day for surfing - the water was very cold, the wind very strong and the tide very high - it was fun to try it out again. I always tell everyone to do it if they have the possibility, it is hard but totally worth trying!
- Visit the Santa Monica Pier This is not something we had planned originally, but it was the best choice we could have made before leaving for Palm Springs! Santa Monica not only has a beautiful beach, where people do all kinds of sports or lay around and tan, it also has a few super-nice restaurants at the pier and a small amusement park where we went on the ferris wheel to get a better view of it all - and it was a splendid one!
- Relax in Palm Springs After more than a week packed with adventures we decided to relax in Palm Springs for a few days. We booked a room in a house called "Tiki Island Resort" (via airbnb again) and had our own private pool! Surrounded by palm trees (as one would expect in Palm Springs) we spent the day tanning and reading. For dinner we went out and were very lucky to catch the street fair they have every Thursday in Downtown.
- Get a Henna Tattoo I don't know why, but for me a henna tattoo always screams sun and sand so I decided to get one this time, I chose one that fits me as a person who loves to travel a lot: an airplane flying all over the world - I just wish I had this one for real!